How can I obtain a library card?
]In order to obtain a library card you must complete an application and show proof of residency. Should you lose your card there is a $2 fee for replacement. Additional Information
How do I sign into my library account?
- Login to Nassau Reads
- Click on “My Account” in the blue task bar at the top of the page.
- In the box that says “Username or Barcode, enter your library card number (found on the back of your card) with no spaces.
- Enter your 4 digit pin that you used when signing up for your library card into the “Password” box.
- If you don’t remember your pin, click on “Forgot Password” and enter your library card number. If you have an email attached to your account, an email will be sent to reset your pin. If not, you will have to contact the library for assistance.
Click here to watch a short tutorial video on how to log in.
How do I place a hold?
- Go to www.nassaureads.com and sign into your account
- Click on the “Search” button located on the top left of the Library Page window and choose your search (this will usually be a “keyword” search).
- Search for the item you wish to reserve.
- After item is found, click on “Place Request” in the box on the right hand side.
- Select your pickup library and click “Submit Request”.
- Please note: if you did not log into your accout earlier, you will need to enter in your library card number and you pin before you can submit your request
- You will receive an email, text or telephone call when your item is ready for pick up depending on your account preferences.
How do I renew an item?
- Go to Nassau Reads
- Click on “My Account” at the top of the page and log in using your library barcode number and your pin.
- Click on “Items Out” on the left hand side of the page.
- Click on box to the left of each item you would like to renew and then click “Renew Selected Items”
- To renew all items click “Renew All Items”
- Please note: items that have already been renewed three times will not renew and items that have holds placed on them by other patrons will not renew. To avoid a fine, these items must be returned.
What is my User ID
Your User ID is your Library Card Number. The number is located on the back of your Library Card. When using it on the Library’s Website, it is entered without spaces.
What is my PIN Number
Your Pin Number is a 4 digit number you choose. This Number is part of your Library Account and must be entered into the system by Library Staff. You may contact any Library in the Nassau County Library System to request this number be entered in your Account.
I Lost my Library Card. Can I get a new one?
Yes. Replacement cards are available for $2.00. Please contact any Library in the Nassau County Library System for a replacement.