How can we be sure that staff members are not infected with COVID-19?
Before entering the building, staff members will complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire. If staff report to work ill or are found to be potentially compromised, they will be sent home. While at work, staff will wear masks, wash and sanitize hands frequently, and practice social distancing. Your safety and the safety of our staff is our priority.
What health safety precautions are in place to keep customers safe inside libraries?
In addition to COVID-19 screening questionnaire and mask requirement, public computers and furniture have been arranged to allow for social distancing. Signage has also been placed throughout the building to guide customer traffic and queues in ways that are aligned with CDC guidelines.
How can I obtain a library card?
How do I sign into my library account?
- Login to Nassau Reads
- Click on “My Account” in the blue task bar at the top of the page.
- In the box that says “Username or Barcode, enter your library card number (found on the back of your card) with no spaces.
- Enter your 4 digit pin that you used when signing up for your library card into the “Password” box.
- If you don’t remember your pin, click on “Forgot Password” and enter your library card number. If you have an email attached to your account, an email will be sent to reset your pin. If not, you will have to contact the library for assistance.
Click here to watch a short tutorial video on how to log in.
How do I place a hold?
- Go to www.nassaureads.com and sign into your account
- Click on the “Search” button located on the top left of the Library Page window and choose your search (this will usually be a “keyword” search).
- Search for the item you wish to reserve.
- After item is found, click on “Place Request” in the box on the right hand side.
- Select your pickup library and click “Submit Request”.
- Please note: if you did not log into your accout earlier, you will need to enter in your library card number and you pin before you can submit your request
- You will receive an email, text or telephone call when your item is ready for pick up depending on your account preferences.
How do I renew an item?
- Go to Nassau Reads
- Click on “My Account” at the top of the page and log in using your library barcode number and your pin.
- Click on “Items Out” on the left hand side of the page.
- Click on box to the left of each item you would like to renew and then click “Renew Selected Items”
- To renew all items click “Renew All Items”
- Please note: items that have already been renewed three times will not renew and items that have holds placed on them by other patrons will not renew. To avoid a fine, these items must be returned.